So we've finally reached the winter reading week of our first year; Hopefully I won't sleep or waste away this break that we've been given.
I thought I'd put up a few of the assignments I've done since we've gotten our marks back recently. I'm actually doing somewhat better than I expected; that's probably due more to teachers' kindness than personal ability... haha!
( some gifs don't seem to be working, but they show up in other browsers. Oh well. )
My title page in Digital Tools class. effort
Bouncing ball first attempt. It kind of floats rather than bounce. The teacher said to maintain the round shape as much as possible, and I overdid it; She just didn't want our balls to become too egg-like.
Revised bouncing ball. I added more squash and stretch on the impacts (17 frames)
Bowling ball. I think this was actually my favourite to work on, despite the pains of trying to draw a consistent round shape, since I didn't use a stencil. (61 frames )
The Balloon kicked my ass because I avoided it until two days before the deadline; I pulled an all nighter with a friend to work on them. It came to a point where I just didn't care to revise anymore and handed it in as is, because I did NOT want nor had the time to spend half hours to line-test 120-130 pages again and again for an addition of a few fixed or missing frames. So dumb of me, orz (126 frames)
I got to keep some balloons, though :D
Pendulum - I wanted to add a potato hanging onto it as an extra, but I was a bit delirious from toiling on the balloon... (16 frames)
S+C curve line. This was an in-class assignment and the teacher had to draw guidelines for me for the upwards motion because I was having so much difficulty grasping the concept.
Character rotation. I used younger Ming for this assignment!
I'm actually using Grandpoops and Mingming in another class as well.
Unfortunately, I didn't get around to working on the marked homework until after I finished my balloon. So I spent 15 minutes to scribble this (with improper perspective;; ) and then I passed out lol
high noon, sunset, moonlight spheres, and a painted egg from life
We handed in our first portfolios last week. I've hardly improved since school began as I haven't been going to extra life drawing sessions, so in total I've only figure drawn 7 times. I really need to get my game on and start attending!
Anyway, we had a Hands & Feet observation assignment as well. As usual, I put this off in favour of other homework because I didn't think it would take that long, but in the end I had to pull another all nighter with another friend to finish. Each of these took me roughly 15-30 minutes to complete.
We're also doing group bone studies, but I have yet to draw any of the bones (pelvis, vertebrae, scapula or skull) properly. The only one I actually sketched so far is the pelvis, from back in September. Hopefully this week I will be receiving the skull to work on.
I used mechanical pencil like how I usually doodle; Now I find it better to draw observations with col-erase/ coloured pencils, like with animating. It's pretty interesting and yet rather unnerving how some drawing habits must change, but it's for the better!
Anyway, that was a rambling entry. I haven't been working as hard as I should be... I have to get it together for the coming weeks!